Sunday, December 31, 2006

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year





Merry belated Christmas to all! We had a wonderful Christmas, and it was so fun to watch Braylei open presents and enjoy the day! It was busy, though, as we went to have brunch at Meghan's parents, came home for Bray's nap, then had my parents over in the evening. Then we packed up and headed up to the White Mountains with our friends, the Sessions, to hang out at Chris's family's cabin. It was nice to just chill for a couple days. Braylei got to play in the snow for the first time and had a lot of fun! I actually rode a snowmobile for the first time and almost killed myself! Chris and his brother Mike told me to go off a jump, but I didn't realize how big it was until I was 2 feet away and going full speed. I got some sweet air, but nearly fell off. Luckily I landed it okay, but it scared the crud out of me! On the way home, we got caught in a snow storm that kept getting worse as we went. We hit a patch of ice and nearly slid off the rode, but through the grace of God, I was able to turn with the slide, and we spun a full circle but stayed on the rode and continued on. We were quite shaken up, though, and the storm continued, so we stayed the night in Payson.

I am excited to bring in 2007. 2006 was a great year, as the Lord blessed us so greatly. I am so grateful for my last minute acceptance into medical school, and the time I was able to spend prior to that adjusting to parenthood. I was able to spend a lot of time bonding with Braylei, and watch her grow and develop. I am so thankful for my beautiful wife Meghan and the patience she has with me. We are also very excited to announce that we are expecting our second child! Meghan is currently 15 weeks along and she is due on June 23rd! It has been a wonderful year, indeed, but I look forward for 2007 to be even better!

That said, my Christmas break will soon be over, as I resume school on the 2nd. The last few days before break was just as crazy as I expected, but it was loaded with great learning experiences and it is over with. I have really enjoyed how AZCOM gives us so much patient simulation exposure, so that we are a little more familiar with clinical exams when we start our preceptorships in the Spring. The rest of the quarter should prove to be very crazy, as there are many instances with 2 tests a week. So it will be challenging to balance my studies and stay up with everything. I do, however, look forward to the challenge!

Well I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish everyone a happy and safe New Year!

0 comments: