Sunday, December 3, 2006

Back to School!/White Coat Ceremony

Well, my break came and went, so now I am back in school and have completed my first week of my 2nd quarter! It was challenging going from going on walks, trips to the park and zoo, along with watching Playhouse Disney to getting up at 4am, sitting in class for hours on end, smelling like formaldehyde, not seeing much of Meghan or Braylei, and pulling 18-20 hour days! It's been hard really focusing and getting down into the study groove. I am sure it'll come back, though. My transition wasn't made any easier as my car broke down on the freeway Monday night and had to get it towed. I found myself attempting to study Physiology on the side of the road! And it was a chilly night, too (well, for Phoenix)! So I've been driving Meghan's car to school and we are looking to buy a new car (well, new to us, at least!) Also, I started reading (and by reading I mean listening to the audiobook on my iPod during my commute) the book, Eragon, in anticipation for the movie coming out soon, and have quickly gotten hooked to it! I don't know if I'd go as far as saying it's as good as Harry Potter, but I am really enjoying it!

On Friday, AZCOM held its White Coat Ceremony, where 1st year medical students were presented with our professional white coats as a rite of passage into our clinical training! It was a very cool little ceremony. Many of my classmates were excited to finally meet Braylei, whom I talk about all the time! This ceremony was not only symbolic, as we begin patient simulated exams in the next coming weeks, including male and female pelvic exams and head, ears, eyes, nose, neck and throat (HEENNT) exams. We are also getting more into our osteopathic training, as we have been learning alot of soft tissue treatment techniques, and next week we will introduce joint manipulations! I'm very excited about it! Well, I better check out as Meghan has fallen asleep on the couch and I need to make my lunch for tomorrow!

0 comments: