Saturday, June 30, 2007

Our First House!


We are very excited about our new home! We had been searching for quite some time for a home closer to my school in Glendale. It was becoming just too much to be driving 2 hours round trip every day. I was still doing fine in my studies, but it was taking away from family time too much. We weren't sure if we wanted to rent or buy, but we felt that it would be a good investment to buy. But it sure wasn't an easy process! For one, the market by my school is an expensive one. The houses we looked at were not in very good condition, or were very small. It's amazing how different a house can look in person from the pictures posted on the MLS! We were just about to give up when we stopped by a brand new housing development. We were told that we wouldn't be able to get in until November, but then we found out they had a spec home that would be done at the end of June. It was perfect. A brand new home that was bigger and cheaper than the others we had seen. Plus we were able to pick the upgrades, the carpet, tile, and everything else. The mortgage process was not fun as the in-house group did a very poor job. Needless to say we will be refinancing in a few months. However, that being said, it is now ours, and we will be moving in as soon as I get home from my military training! Braylei is excited as every time she goes out there she runs around and goes in her room, saying "my room!" It's super cute! Plus my commute time is greatly diminished, as it is less than 15 minutes from my school! So I can get to school earlier to work out and study, and I can get home earlier to spend with my family!

0 comments: