Saturday, June 30, 2007

Welcome Tayscen Daniel Schroeder!


At 0933 Wednesday, June 20th, we welcomed Tayscen Daniel Schroeder into the world! He was 8 lbs, 2 oz and was 20 1/2" long. Meghan delivered Tayscen via a scheduled c-section. Due to the vast complications with Braylei's delivery, this was deemed a high-risk pregnancy. However, we were very blessed that there were no complications this time around! Meghan was never on bedrest this entire pregnancy (unlike last time), and she even drove out to our new house to sign the closing papers and everything the day before the delivery! Tayscen was born full term, had no respiratory difficulties, and no jaundice. Meghan healed very fast, much unlike last time, when she lost so much blood and was very weak for weeks. Meghan was up and moving around the same day, and the next day she was moving around with ease! Again, it was a true blessing to us, especially since I have been away with my military training.

Another surprising, yet truly wonderful blessing was that I was granted permission to fly home for the delivery. I left at 0600 Texas time, arrived at 0621 Phoenix time, and immediately headed to the hospital where Tayscen was born at 0933! It was very exciting indeed! I was able to be with them the whole day and through the first night. I had to leave again early the following afternoon so that I could return to my training, and although the time with them was short, it was so worth it! It made the biggest difference in the world and I will always be thankful to the company commander and the cadre (staff) for the opportunity to be present at my son's birth!

As of yesterday, Tayscen was now up to 8 lbs, 12 oz and is doing exquisitely! Braylei, meanwhile is adjusting very well to being a big sister. She loves to help hold him and get the diapers and wipes when he needs to be changed. We had been reading her a book titled "I'm a big sister now!" for the past month or so to help her get excited for her new little brother. Hopefully she will stay that enthusiastic about it!

0 comments: