Saturday, June 30, 2007

What the Scrud!?

Whoa! It's been forever and a day since I posted! Life has been unreal! So much has happened! So to start off, I'll cover Spring Quarter. This was by far my best quarter of the year! I did much better than the previous two, and I seemed to have more time for things. My study habits were a lot more focused, and I felt like I was spending more time with Meghan and Braylei! I was also diligent in keeping the Sabbath day holy and not studying on Sunday. This is a really hard thing to do sometimes, especially since we always had Monday morning tests. Plus, this quarter was tougher because we had more classes, and thus more tests. So we often had Monday/Friday/Monday test schedules, so I didn't get to really hit the studying for the Monday exam until after the test on Friday! It was really crazy! But everything worked out well in the end!

I also had a great experience with my preceptorship, Dr. Carfagno. He is a physician who is dual certified in Sports Medicine and Internal Medicine. I was able to see many different cases, conduct history and examinations on patients, and even sports physicals! I learned a great deal, and also gained many volunteer opportunities, like the Valley of the Sun half Marathon, and the Ironman competition in Tempe! I look forward to continuing learning under Dr. Carfagno's guidance.

Another really cool service opportunity came with the TOPS program, which stands for team of physicians and students. We conducted 1000s of sports physicals for an entire high school district in Phoenix. I myself performed over 20, which helped me greatly work on my techniques. It was a really cool experience!

I will definitely enjoy my time off from school, as we don't start up again until the end of August! But it has been a busy Summer, with moving, having officer basic training in Texas, the birth of our son, and so much more! But I will get to all of those soon!

0 comments: