Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Coolest Med School Waitlist Story EVER!!!!

So Medical School wasn't exactly the easiest process I've ever gone through. My first year applying resulted in two interviews and one waitlist spot at LECOM, D.O. school in Pennsylvania. I was hoping to get accepted, but it wasn't meant to be. In the grand scheme of things, I am incredibly grateful that I didn't get in, as my wife gave birth to our first child, Braylei. I'm so happy that I didn't have the stresses of med school, and that I could focus on being a father and trying to adjust to a new lifestyle. I worked at a physical therapy clinic during that time, and learned a great deal. I reapplied for med school, which result in three interviews and three waiting lists. TUCOM, a school in San Francisco, Midwestern University-CCOM in Chicago, and LECOM in Pennsylvania. I felt pretty good about being accepted off of one of the waiting lists, but that faded as the summer wore on. As it became pretty evident that I wasn't going to get in for a second time, I began looking at other options to advance myself to put me in a better position to get into medical school. I ended up accepted the Assistant Athletic Trainer position at Southern Utah University, and we were in fact all set to move! We had the U-Haul loaded and we were actually on the road to Cedar City when I get the call. I received a call from the Director of Admissions from Midwestern University-AZCOM (the Arizona campus)! He said that they weren't comfortable with the individuals on their waiting list, so they borrowed the list from their sister campus in Chicago (where I interviewed at), and saw that I was in Arizona! He offered a spot in the upcoming class and orientation began four days later!! We pulled off in Prescott to talk about it, and then turned around and headed back! The funny thing was that I had my primary applications in for the following year, but I was having a really hard time writing the secondaries! It turned out to be a great blessing! I ended up getting into my first choice school without even interviewing there! And what an awesome school! They have a 100% board pass rate over the past 3 years! Being a med student and a father has been a huge adjustment, but I wouldn't trade my family for anything! But that just goes to show that we all just need to keep working hard and always be prepared for the next great opportunity that the Lord provides!

7 comments:

Karen and Bob said...

Hi Jeremy and Meghan, great to hear from you. Looking forward to your weekly journal updates. Lots of love, Karen and Bob

dayodele said...

Craziness! Wow, I can't believe you had the U-haul packed and then got the call. That's soo dramatic! I for one am glad The J Schro is back in the Valley. Medical School sounds tough; Midwestern has a quickly rising reputation. I saw a commercial a few days ago featuring a guy who said he graduated from Midwestern University in Arizona. You must be completely stressed with soo many things going on in your life. Hang in there and stay tough. Cool idea to start a blog-space. Read ya later.

- David

Kim said...

hey jerm!
glad i stumbled across your blog! actually linked it from someone that visited mine! love the idea that i can read up on your stuff on a weekly basis! since your so busy to see! love your blog it looks awesome! now i need to put you under my links!
give bray hugs and kisses!

David Dalton said...

I saw your presentation at SUU a few months ago. Could you send me the HPSP recruiter information for my area to daviddalton97@suumail.net. I just got accepted to AT Still AZ. As far as Midwestern AZ went, they didn't even get my MCAT scores until after they were done interviewing. I was a little frustrated with that. But you have a cool story.

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]thejschro.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me show you one truth. Research indicates that almost 70% of all U.S. adults are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

domestic spanking violence stories said...

Almost as soonas he entered me I came so hard that I almost fainted again buthe kept me focused on his cock and soon I was on fire once again. They guy laughs, wish I had done that one.
stories taboo sex young stories free
free femdom sissy stories
sex stories young teen
free wife masturbation stories
first time female bestiality stories
Almost as soonas he entered me I came so hard that I almost fainted again buthe kept me focused on his cock and soon I was on fire once again. They guy laughs, wish I had done that one.

little boy spanking stories said...

Teela displayed abalanced set the outer lips were there, certainly, but the inner ones werealso present, with little pinkish brown tags that were currently spread tooffer just a glimpse into her coral pink core. He would make presents for me,string wrapped around paper, bound into funny animal shapes he copiedfrom cookies.
true blackmailed sex stories
beastiality short stories
free lesbian sex stories with pictures
comic fuck stories
taboo lil pissing stories
Teela displayed abalanced set the outer lips were there, certainly, but the inner ones werealso present, with little pinkish brown tags that were currently spread tooffer just a glimpse into her coral pink core. He would make presents for me,string wrapped around paper, bound into funny animal shapes he copiedfrom cookies.